Troubleshooting and Common Pitfalls¶
This document outlines some of the common pitfalls you may encounter when getting set up with huey. It is arranged in a problem/solution format.
- Tasks not running
First step is to increase logging verbosity by running the consumer with
--verbose. You can also specify a logfile using the
Check for any exceptions. The most common cause of tasks not running is that they are not being loaded, in which case you will see
QueueException“XXX not found in TaskRegistry” errors.
- “QueueException: XXX not found in TaskRegistry” in log file
Exception occurs when a task is called by a task producer, but is not imported by the consumer. To fix this, ensure that by loading the
Hueyobject, you also import any decorated functions as well.
For more information on how tasks are imported, see the docs
- “Error importing XXX” when starting consumer
This error message occurs when the module containing the configuration specified cannot be loaded (not on the pythonpath, mistyped, etc). One quick way to check is to open up a python shell and try to import the configuration.
- Tasks not returning results
- Ensure that you have not accidentally specified
result_store=Falsewhen instantiating your
- Scheduled tasks are not being run at the correct time
- Check the time on the server the consumer is running on - if different from
the producer this may cause problems. By default all local times are
converted to UTC when calling
.schedule(), and the consumer itself runs in UTC.
- Greenlet workers seem stuck
- If you wish to use the Greenlet worker type, you need to be sure to monkeypatch
in your application’s entrypoint. At the top of your
mainmodule, you can add the following code:
from gevent import monkey; monkey.patch_all(). Furthermore, if your tasks are CPU-bound,
geventcan appear to lock up because it only supports cooperative multi-tasking (as opposed to pre-emptive multi-tasking when using threads).
- Testing projects using Huey
- If you don’t have, or want, a redis server for running tests you can set
Trueat your Huey settings.